Church Services during Covid-19
From Sunday 12th of July, Chailey Free Church will be open from 10:30am - 11:30am where we will have a time of prayer and hear the message for the day.
Initially the service will take the form of quiet prayer, followed by the communal viewing of the week's message, which will also be available online. In time, we plan to progress to having the message preached live, which will be recorded and then made available online. We will also adjust the services to comply with changes in government guidelines and best practices.
People attending these services should read and agree to abide by the Covid-19 Worshippers Informal Behaviour Agreement below.
We have also prepared the CFC Covid-19 Risk Assessment outlining our risks and precautions in more detail.
We will be limiting the number of worshippers to 12 people. This shouldn't be a problem because several of our regulars will be staying away as they are in high risk groups. Irregular visitors are asked to contact Dave Caughley beforehand on 07770537676 so that we can manage in case of numbers above normal.
Covid-19 Worshippers Informal Behaviour Agreement.
- Those with symptoms to stay at home and self-isolate
- Those told to self-isolate by NHS Track and Trace to stay at home
- Those over 70 years are advised to stay at home
- Those shielding are advised to stay at home
- Those attending must wear face-coverings inside, unless exempted
- Everyone may watch the Service on the web-site from home
Attenders agree to:
- Remember to follow social-distancing measures
- Comply with requests from stewards
- Co-operate with giving details for attendance register
- Sanitise hands on entry
- Follow one-way system in building
- Not raise your voice or sing inside
- Bring own Holy Bible for personal use
- Avoid touching others property
- Children being supervised by parents or guardian
- That when sneezing or blowing nose, cover mouth and nose with tissue or use crook of arm. Wash hands thoroughly afterwards or use hand sanitizer
- Leave church one row at a time
- Not congregate outside the building
Date completed:- 4/7/20
This agreement will be reviewed and updated to reflect any changes to Government Guidelines